I’ve been busy lately.
That was my biggest understatement ever.
Term paper and science fair due dates coming up… and our robotics team is required to finish building our robot by tonight, midnight. D: *stress stress stress* So I’m doing a complete cop-out post and telling you all that if you want to read something interesting, go check out my friend’s blog right now. She’s also hosting the upcoming TCWT blog chain (which has, in my most
esteemed humble opinion, the best prompt ever. :D
Kirsten of Kirsten Writes nominated me for my first (and probably last) blogging award ever, which is sort of depressing (but I’ll just pretend it’s a joyous occasion–m’kay?). Behold:
So… the rules for the Liebster Award are as follows:
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger who nominated you left.
3. Ask 11 new questions for those who you nominate.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate.
5. Go to each blogger’s page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
1. I play flute, but badly.
2. Sometimes I wish I were French (hence the pseudonym Alouette).
3. I am an extremely boring person, and yes, that is a fact.
4. My two favorite movies are Life is Beautiful and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.
5. I haven’t seen very many movies.
6. Currently I am AT a robotics meeting, so I probably shouldn’t be blogging right now.
7. I actually kept a New Years resolution this year. (It was to enter a legitimate writing competition).
8. This post is very boring.
9. I don’t have eleven things to say about myself.
10. Yesterday I went to a writing workshop with my friend Jenny.
11. I am a big, fat liar.
I’ll admit, I was getting a bit dramatic with number eleven. So the questions Kirsten asked are:
1. What is your favorite game (board, card, or video)?
Am I supposed to choose between those three or just name a game I love to play? Among those three I prefer card games, but my favorite game is the alphabet-name game in which somebody says a name starting with the first letter of the alphabet (for example, “Alison”), and the next person says that name and one starting with the next letter (ex. “Alison, Buster”), and it goes on and on until somebody messes up. And if you get to Z, you go through all the letters all over again.
2. If you could write one book-to-film adaptation, which one would you choose?
If I could write it? I would probably write a film adaption of The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making, and (in my dreams) it would be directed by Hayao Miyazaki. :P
3. If you could drop one school subject, what would it be and why?
History, because we spend too little time on the fun stuff and too much time on the unimportant stuff. I would prefer to go study history alone, thank you very much. :P
4. How do you wear your hair?
Down. Sometimes tied up.
5. What is the nerdiest/geekiest thing you own?
6. Do you know any other languages? How well do you speak them?
I’ve studied other languages, but I wouldn’t really say I “know” them very well. I can speak English and Korean fairly fluently. Latin I can translate (although not very well), and I can barely speak it.
7. What is your favorite television show, past or present? If you don’t watch television, what is your favorite film?
I’m not really a TV/film person, but I love Tom and Jerry. I also haven’t watched it since third grade.
8. Do you speak with an accent?
A Connecticut accent, whatever that is. I’ve been told that a Connecticut accent is where you pronounce “water” as “water” instead of “woater.”
9. What is the largest city you have ever been to?
New York City, I think.
10. Have you ever lied about reading a book or watching a film? If so, which one?
Yep! I’m always lying about my English homework. “Yes, of course I read up to chapter 29 of Great Expectations….” It’s not that I don’t read it, it’s just that it isn’t as if we’re actually going to talk about it in class, so I might as well put off the daily readings until the weekend and then read it all at once….
11. What is your first memory?
I remember eating a banana in a hospital when I was three or four….
My eleven questions:
1. What makes you human?
2. What is the most annoying question anyone has ever asked you?
3. What do you think of questions in general?
4. What is your favorite quote about questions?
5. What is your favorite quote about anything?
6. What is the meaning of life?
7. What color is your favorite pair of socks?
8. Do you even have a favorite pair of socks, or did you just choose a random one?
9. What are you number one at?
10. What are you just awful at?
11. Who/What (if anything) would you be willing to die for?
And… I’m out of people to nominate. Most of the blogs I follow have >200 followers, so…. :-| I guess you’re all more then welcome to self-nominate yourselves, if you want. I’m barely coherent at this point. Haven’t slept… in too long….